This week I traveled to the big gaming show in Las Vegas called G2E, to sign up customers for our special “On the Floor” customer promotion for work. I have never been to this show before, so I wasn’t sure what to expect, other than that it would probably crowded with lots of people and slot machines. One highlight of the trip I was looking forward to was getting to talk with our customers and put names with faces with so many of our company’s employees that I talk to on the phone or send e-mails to. I feel it is important to take time to shake their hand, introduce myself, and learn a little more about them. I feel it is all about the personal relationships that I find make my job exciting, as you feel that you actually communicating with helping real, live, breathing people, and not just a virtual relationship taking through technology.
Why Are Personal Relationships Importance?
- Helps Builds Trust/Support Amongst Others
- Makes Communicating With Others Easier
- Great Networking
- Builds Stronger, More Meaningful Business Relationships
- Great For Your Mental Health When Socializing With Others. We are social creatures and isolation is harmful.
- Engage and Observe Verbal and Non-Verbal Behavioral Styles
Tips to Success When Meeting Others In Person:
- Be aware, in person meetings allows others to evaluate and judge the integrity competencies and skills
- Most effective communicators may not know everything, but they fine-tuned their speeches to reflect on an important niche where they are the experts
- Listen to others to show interest in getting to know others and do not steal the show
- You can’t meet with everyone, so maximize your time by meeting with a handful of people at a time, to make those relationships strong, not just a quick hi and hand shake
- Follow-up after talking with them to thank them for the opportunity to meet them
What tips do you have when building personal relationships with your business colleagues?